Back again people this will be my SECOND posting in one day, thanks for the 61 views by the way especially with only two postings on my blog so far... talk about feeling special huh? Haha, no seriously thanks for the love you all, especially since the first post sucked and the second wasn't much better.
This post will be directed towards all those people going through a tough time with family and friends, because I know how it feels to think that you can never quench the thirst of your family's satisfaction. I know where you all are at, to actually believe that the world has turned her back on you, that sense of loneliness and separation from everyone and everything.
Let me begin with telling you that you are NEVER alone, you will always have at least that one true friend and that one family member who you can count on for any and everything no matter the situation, need, or incident. Secondly let me tell you that it's all in your head. The lonely feeling, the thoughts that you have no one to count on its all not true. There are tons of people out there who love you and care about you, some who wont vocalize it and some who will only show it in actions.
There was a time in my life where I had made some pretty crummy decisions and I let everyone around me down... I felt like a complete failure, but I wasn't :) I thought that the only one who cared about me was God but only because he had no choice in the matter, boy did he open my eyes. He showed me that life was about finding YOUR OWN happiness and drive, in and for life. He hammered in the fact that my life was full of making my own decisions and that the only person's whose expectations I SHOULD meet were his... even then it wasn't even mandatory for me to meet his expectations I had the choice of whether or not I wanted to.
When I was going through this time of basically depression I talked to my friends, well best-friend and she told me that as long as I would remember the things that brought joy to my life then no matter how challenging life seemed like it got, there would be nothing that I couldn't handle. Then she assured me that no matter how hard things would get I'd never be alone and as long as I was happy with my life then who cares about living up to what others wanted me to be or do, and she would support me with anything I decided to do.
So steps to countering the Weight of Your Family on Your Shoulders
1)Know that you are never alone
2)You have the choice to live your life the way you want
3)Identify your joy bringers and hold them close
4)Have a best-friend that you know will support any decision you make and will always be there for you
5)Realize that THIS IS YOUR LIFE, ARE YOU WHO YOU WANT TO BE? and if so then why does it matter what anyone else thinks?
If anyone ever needs a listening ear then PM(private message) through my profile.
Later days! and thanks again for the views!
No comments:
Post a Comment